Molecular Biology and Proteomics
Proteomic analysis is an extremely powerful way of isolating and identifying protein targets and thus can be used to identify mechanism action.
The service provided by KWS BioTest utilises state of the art equipment for the entire process, from sample preparation and separation by gel-based or gel-free techniques, right through to analysis by mass spectrometry and database searching to identify proteins.
The main elements of the proteomics service include:
- 2D Gels including 2D Fluorescence
- Difference Gel Electrophoresis (2D-DIGE)
- Gel free proteomics
- Mass Spectrometry
Our molecular biology service predominately supports client studies, for instance; where a requirement exists to genotype blood donors or characterise genetic material. Our service utilises state of the art equipment to ensure a high quality result.
- Cloning & Sequencing
- Southern & Northern blotting
- PCR technology (Including QPCR and RT PCR)
- RNAse protection assays
The protein biochemistry service offered by KWS BioTest is based around an established team of experts. This can facilitate pharmaceutical companies in optimising drug discovery processes and benefit drug efficacy studies.
- Prokaryotic & eukaryotic expression
- Protein production & purification
- Target validation & binding motifs for NCE's
- Mass spectrometry & sequencing
- Protein refolding