KWS BioTest has the capability and experience to support its clients with all their cell biology needs. New techniques and equipment are regularly integrated into our offering, following full validation.
A selection of the main cell biology services include:
- Cell proliferation assays - screening agents for their ability to either promote or suppress T cell proliferation, typically using CFSE or metabolic markers as readouts.
- Antigen presentation assays – investigating the ability of a compound to modulate antigen presentation & the resulting immune response. Expertise in human and rodent systems is allied to the ability to monitor antigen specific proliferation using normal T cell transgenic derived cells.
- Cytotoxicity – quantification of the cytotoxic potential of a population of cells directed towards an antigen of interest, using flow cytometry or chromium release assay readouts.
- Cell cycle and apoptosis analysis – assessing the effect of an agent on cell cycle phases or apoptosis induction.
- Cellular activation, metabolic activity – monitoring markers of cell activation & their modulation by test compounds.
- Microbial & viral infectivity measurements – quantifying the effect of test compounds on bacterial or viral growth or infectivity in culture.
- Flow cytometry – quantifying a cell subset of interest, from a cell population, using single or multi-colour fluorescent staining.
- FACS and magnetic cell sorting – exploiting cellular markers to enrich a cell type of interest, from a mixture of cells, for subsequent functional assays, cell cultures and molecular biology studies.
- Confocal microscopy & imaging – visualising individual cells using fluorescent microscopy, including co-localisation of several different intracellular/cell surface markers.